Imagine that your HVAC equipment is the heart of your home, the ducts then make up its circulatory system. They carry warm air in winter, cool air in summer and provide ventilation for better indoor air quality throughout the year. Duct performance impacts operating costs, energy efficiency, comfort and indoor air quality. Often, residents of homes have been living with undiagnosed high costs and comfort shortfalls for decades.
Your duct work is literally the most important part of your heating and air conditioning system. It does not matter if you have the most efficient heating and air conditioning system that money can buy if your air ducts are in bad shape, leaking, or introducing airborne allergens and pollutants. It’s like driving a high performance automobile on 4 bald tires. While installing ducting, Energy Solutions seals all ducts to PG&E standards using commercial grade mastic and tape. Energy Solutions verifies sealing of ducts to a state approved HERS rater with documentation and certificates. Selecting the right type of ducting is also critical, whether it’s our rodent resistant silver flex R6.0 jacketed ducts or our heavily insulated R8.0 jacketed ducts. You can count on Energy Solutions to provide a tightly sealed and tested ducting to support your HVAC system.
Benefits of Duct Sealing
- Sealing and insulating ducts can help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.
- Indoor Air Quality
- Fumes from household and garden chemicals, insulation particles, and dust can enter your duct system, aggravating asthma and allergy problems. Sealing ducts can help improve indoor air quality by reducing the risk of pollutants entering ducts and circulating through your home.>/dd>
- During normal operation, gas appliances such as water heaters, clothes dryers, and furnaces release combustion gases (like carbon monoxide) through their ventilation systems. Leaky ductwork in your heating and cooling system may cause “backdrafting,” where these gases are drawn back into the living space, rather than expelled to the outdoors. Sealing leaks can minimize this risk.
- Save Money
- Leaky ducts can reduce heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 20 percent. Sealing and insulating ducts increases efficiency, lowers your energy bills, and can often pay for itself in energy savings. Plus, if you’re planning to install new heating and cooling equipment, a well-designed and sealed duct system may allow you to downsize to a smaller, less costly heating and cooling system that will provide better dehumidification.
- Protect the Environment
- Energy used in our homes often comes from the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, which contributes to smog, acid rain, and climate change. Simply put, the less energy we use in our homes, the less air pollution we generate. By sealing your ducts and reducing the amount of energy necessary to comfortably heat or cool your home, you can reduce the amount of air pollution generated.
Request your free estimate for duct work service today! Energy Solutions can enhance the performance of your duct system and save you operating dollars in the process.